Antique Blackstone Waitt & Bond Cigar Box. New Size Yankee Long Havana Filler. From Factory No 5 New Jersey.
Waitt & Bond was established in 1870 by Charles Henry Bond and Henry Waitt. They began manufacturing cigars in a small shop in the Cliftondale neighborhood of Saugus, Massachusetts.In 1902 the business was incorporated in Maine. In October 1917 it was incorporated under the laws of Massachusetts. In 1885, Waitt & Bond, which was then doing business on Blackstone Street in Boston, launched what would become its most famous brand - "Blackstone". On July 7, 1919, workers in all of Boston's major cigar factories walked off the job. On August 13, Waitt & Bond announced that it was leaving Boston and relocating to Newark, New Jersey.
Measures (cm) 21x6,5x14
Material Wood, paper, cardboard
Conditions Used item. Overall exterior good conditions as shown in the photos. The box has some wear from age/use but is in good condition. Condition reports are available upon request. Please email us to make a request.